Thursday, June 2, 2011

Goodbye Sam


It is so painful to have to write this entry. We ended up putting Sam down this morning. Paul and I knew it was coming soon but it all of the sudden happened today. I have had him for 13 years, I picked him out of a litter at 6 weeks old. He has been everywhere with me. He has moved to all of the places I have lived and been through anything I have been through.
I got Sam at a time that I was heartbroken. A new puppy to help me feel better. The hard part is, he leaves me and I feel heartbroken again. Paul and I joked for years that he was a pain in our rears but the truth is he was so special to us. We would do anything for that dog. He had better healthcare than some people do. He was demanding, stubborn, gassy, expensive, high maintenance, but the sweetest boy in the whole world. He was great with kids and loved every person that would give him a pet (or some food.) I am so sad that Adrienne and our baby boy will not be able to grow up with him. I know that he is in a better place now but it doesn't make losing him any easier. We love you Sam and will miss you forever!

4 comments:

  1. That sucks. It just sucks! I'm so sorry. Sam was a great dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam was a sweety pie and had a wonderful life with you. All the places he lived and the family he was part of. He had a special dog life. So sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry Andrea and Paul. Sweet pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will forever remember Sam tap dancing with his two front feet when he was getting a treat. I loved him and I am so sorry he moved on... He was very loved.

    ReplyDelete