Monday, May 30, 2011

Six Flags!

She didn't want to ride on an animal, only the bench.

Yes, she gives the stink eye, but she liked Tweety.

Seriously, I can't ride that? And, turns out that chick works for IBM too.

I don't want anything to do with that!

She is saying "cheese!"

Paul is such a trooper. I love him!


We went to what I will always call "Marine World" yesterday. I wanted to do something over the weekend and have wanted to go there for a while now. I was a bit concerned about the crowds and whether or not Adrienne would like it or not. Surprisingly it was a great place yesterday and Adrienne loved it. There are a bunch of areas for small children with rides and water fountains that they can walk through (of course our kid is scared of most of those.) She loved the dolphin show and got to walk around the park. All in all a very good day. Highly recommend going with small children if you are looking for something to do one weekend. Some tips: Plan to get there before opening (parking is easier) and brings snacks (they do not allow outside food in but we buried it at the bottom of the backpack and they barely checked it.) Also with all of the water features, bring extra clothes and shoes so they can go through the fountains. My kid wouldn't but I am sure the less timid kid would love it! They don't let prego chicks on the rides so I was the designated picture taker. Paul is always such a good sport by taking her on the little trains etc.

2 comments:

  1. Glad Adrienne liked the bench ride at Marine World Africa USA (that is how I remember it). I remember driving by the place when it was a big bunch of muddy holes. There were already various animals there, Giraffes for one. Perhaps Adrienne remembers that shortly before she was born she went to a place where there were gunslingers and fast horses. That is why she prefers the bench. Glad you all had a good time. It is not easy to find a place that carves out a spot for wee little children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can actually remember when it was in Redwood City. Just a few memories. She really did like it. We will definitely go back next summer.

    ReplyDelete