Saturday, July 16, 2011

He's here!










Well, I never would have guessed that I would go into labor on my own, let alone have my water break exactly like it did when I was pregnant with Adrienne. I had a c-section scheduled for Friday, July 15th and my water broke on Tuesday night. When I say it broke, IT BROKE!!!!! Just like in the movies folks, pretty gross. If we have a third baby, I will be ready with towels when I get towards the end.
Paul and I went over to the hospital to have a baby. I was pretty nervous to have another c-section so I was a bit on edge going in. The nurses were awesome and my doctor was so cool too. I do have to say, the anesthesiologist was so funny and comforting too. All of the OR pics are taken from him. Shortly after the surgery started, I started to feel weird, pretty woozy. It got worse and worse and apparently I passed out. I guess my heart rate got pretty low, below 26. The great anesthesia doc gave me something (I think some sort of ephedrine) and I was back to feeling great almost immediately. Well this felt weird for me but apparently freaked Paul out. He started to feel woozy and almost passed out. I look over and the doc and the nurse are fanning Paul. He wasn't recovering so they wheeled him out on a special "Daddy ain't doing so well" chair. Paul spent the rest of the surgery in the hospital room with some juice. He never got to cut the cord. But......... we are all fine. Baby Matthew Raoul Kenny was born at 9:48pm on July 12th weighing 7 lbs and 9 ounces and 20 inches long. He is beautiful. We are in heaven. Adrienne likes to give him kisses. Enjoy some pics and we hope to see you all soon.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Andrea - I bet you both are so glad to be done and have that beautiful boy! Take care, he looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is beautiful, he looks long. Thanks so much for all the pictures. So glad you are all home and doing well. Cannot wait to see him and miss A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Matthew Raoul to the world. Glad everyone is healthy. Paul can tell everyone how hard childbirth is now. Glad you made it through ok Paul.

    Dad(Patrick)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture of the doc holding the baby next to your face! That's awesome they took OR shots for you!! He is so beautiful and I am glad everyone is doing wonderful!! Now I need to compare him to Adrienne's birth announcement and see if they look alike!
    Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow he must be changing fast because he already looks different than these pictures! He is just so cute. Congrats guys and I can't wait to come visit him again. Glad you are all doing well after such a surprising and a little scary birth story!

    ReplyDelete