Monday, April 26, 2010

Not for the faint of heart

I am exagerating of course.
So Adrienne has started doing something very strange in the last couple of days. All of you experienced parents out there would probably not bat an eyelash but as a fairly new parent, this freaks you out! She has decided that she likes to sleep on her belly. Not really all that unusual right? Now she has decided she likes this but here is the weird part...............She sleeps with her head facing straight down into the mattress! I kid you not, her face straight down into the mattress. She does have her little hands in there somewhere. That must be the only way she can breathe. When seeing this for the first time as a new Mom, you just about poop your pants. Is she breating? Is she alive!?!?!?! I flipped her over and she went right back to sleep. Later that day, she is in the same position again. So strange, it might take some time for the shock to wear off before I am comfortable with this one.

5 comments:

  1. Hi, you have one of those alarms on her bed?? Little Adrienne can roll herself over?? I can still see her on her back out like a light. Papa says maybe her sheets feel good. Luke likes to sleep with a blanket over his head. I do not know what to say, sounds like she is comfortable and their is nothing you can do!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg, as a fellow new mom I would freak out too. In fact I am freaking out for you. If she can roll over it should be ok right?
    Luke began yesterday to roll onto his side, Lem and I could not believe it. So no more Woombie/swaddle for him..
    I freak out about everything regarding Luke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is frustrating is that she can roll herself from her back to her belly but she cannot get from her belly to her back. Oh this kid. She has also discovered that spitting is fun. I am so in for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fiona did the same thing and almost gave me a heart attack. After a couple times she started turning her head which still feaked me out just not as much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmm I read a book Tricia got me called "Sippy Cups are not for Chardonnay" Love it. My favorite part, cause its SO true is where she writes "now that you are a Mom just resign yourself to the fact that your nerves will be at DEFCON 1 for the rest of your life, you will never be truly calm again"
    GREAT!

    ReplyDelete